We are currently looking for a UPVC Window and Door Fitter to join our successful Voids Planned and Reactive Response Maintenance Business based in Newton Abbot.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity-based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Travel allowance
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- We are proud to partner with EAP, (Employee Assistance Programme) in order to support your health and wellbeing
Duties and responsibilities of a Window and Door Fitter:
- Working on a Social Housing contract in the Newton Abbot and surrounding areas
- Most of the day to day work will involve undertaking repairs to UPVC windows and doors, as well as some guttering.
- You will also be required to undertake additional duties from time to time such as; glazing, knowledge of locks, hinges, handles, and handle replacements. Also basic carpentry skills are required for garage door and lock repairs work as well as associated basic render and plastering repairs duties.
Expectations of the successfully appointed Window and Door Fitter:
- Previous experience of fitting and repairing UPVC windows, doors and guttering
- A demonstrable knowledge of the UPVC FENSA standards would be desirable
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong commitment to maintaining these standards whilst working professionally
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing properties and settings.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving Licence, which is essential to undertake the Window and Door Fitter role, with use of a company van.
About Templer Homebuild Ltd:
We are a new and exciting venture, with the security and stability of working in partnership within one of the UK’s leading property services companies, delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works and Cyclical Painting and Compliance works to our client. We owe our quality of service to our people and for this, we can offer a rewarding and varied career.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential.
Invest the time in us by viewing www.templerhomebuild.co.uk and we look forward to investing in you.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if we you are not on our agreed PSL.