Templer Homebuild are an Asset Management company who are committed to first-class customer service delivery. We seek a driven and proactive Resident Liaison Officer to continue to successfully assist in the delivery of our responsive repairs, cyclical and planned upgrading works for Teign Housing, covering the Teignbridge area.
As a Resident Liaison Officer, you’ll be providing invaluable support to the delivery of our programmes by assisting our direct trade teams, residents, and Teign Housing, to ensure a smooth and customer focused experience.
- Company car and outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 3%
- 23 days annual leave, buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- We want our employees to have a well-balanced work/ life balance, therefore flexible working patterns would be considered.
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
As a Resident Liaison Officer, you will be the first point of contact for residents and our directly employed site teams / contractors in arranging access to premises to complete vital upgrade works with minimum disruption.
You’ll be a crucial part of the team responsible for communicating internally and externally the upcoming and progress of works whilst being supported by your Contract Managers and Business Manager to help you succeed.
Whilst we continue to work through the pandemic within a national lockdown, in line with company H&S, and following covid procedures, you will be required to complete surveys within people’s homes. However, where it is not essential all other forms of communication will be remote and require a flexible way of working eg. working from home.
The Resident Liaison Officer role:
- Ensuring residents are kept informed ahead of, and of works in progress, to their property/ communal areas and advising of changes/updates via a variety of communication channels; letters, face to face visits, telephone/video calls, group meetings and events
- Completion of pre void inspection surveys (PVIs). You’ll be arranging house visits ahead of the end of tenancy, to identify major asset/component upgrades whilst advising and supporting residents in their house move, showing respect, consideration and sensitivity to their needs.
- You will provide solutions and improvements from lessons learnt whilst working collaboratively with all relevant operational and support functions to aid a successful outcome.
- Maintain good relationships with residents and a high level of client satisfaction and customer care to ensure a smooth uninterrupted workflow.
- Seek out opportunities to promote a positive image of the company and its contribution to the local community
- Maintain records on ours and Teign’s IT systems to create and update reports detailing customer satisfaction and progress levels of the contract
What will you bring as a Resident Liaison Officer?
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to be clear and direct whilst always remaining compassionate and empathetic. You will enjoy keeping multiple parties informed and involved.
- Experience as a Resident Liaison Officer/Tenant Liaison Officer for a property services contractor or Housing Association would be advantageous however we welcome other transferrable skills and backgrounds too. This is a Customer Service based role.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and react quickly to issues as they arise whilst seeing them through to completion/resolution.
- Resilience and integrity – you will be able to demonstrate experience of seeing things through to the end, with an open and honest approach, taking accountability and ownership of the communication.
- Excellent IT skills with a keen interest in trialling new and innovate ways for effective communication.
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Resident Liasison Officer role, with a company car.
Additional Benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
- Specsavers vouchers
- For information on all other additional benefits we do, to enhance your work/life balance please visit our website
If you think you have what it takes to become our Resident Liaison Officer then click “Apply” now!
About Templer HomeBuild
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as; external decorations, roofing, kitchen, bathrooms, voids and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer HomeBuild is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Templer HomeBuild—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Templer HomeBuild will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.