As a Quantity Surveyor within our responsive maintenance arm we specifically seek a commercially strong and financially focused Surveyor who enjoys the technical aspects of a contract as well as enjoying an open and team focused environment.
- Take home up to 15% performance reward scheme
- We are committed to doing annual company pay reviews
- A company car where you make savings with our outstanding private mileage scheme
Templer HomeBuild are a subsidiary contractor within our client who deliver Response/ Voids, Planned works, Heating/ Compliance and Cyclical Painting works. This is a unique and large contract that integrates us into a collaborative and open partnership with our long-lasting social housing client. We have an agreed contract spanning up to 15 years promoting job stability for our employees and the team is fully supported by Ian Williams in their procedures and processes.
We firmly believe that our success will be maintained if we continue to offer our employees a great place to work; providing them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential.
The Quantity Surveyor role will include:
- Being responsible for the financial and technical aspects of the contract across all work streams including procurement, invoicing, payments, cash flow and cost control.
- Minimising costs where possible, maximising value and ultimately making profit.
- Working with direct labour and subcontractors, ensuring all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors, suppliers and our client
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with our systems/procedures and contract budgets
- Producing monthly contract valuations (CVRs)
What will you bring as a Quantity Surveyor:
- Proven experience in a similar commercial or quantity surveying role; we are open to considering various job titles that incorporate transferable commercial and financial responsibilities and welcome anyone with proven experience in response maintenance and planned refurbishment environments.
- A proven ability to minimise cost and maximise value, profit and cash flow
- The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of contracts (reactive/responsive and planned works)
- Strong IT and Microsoft excel skills
- Ability to process high volumes of data analysis
- Experience of working with direct labour and subcontract procurement
- The passion for business and making profit, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated, ensuring the maximum potential to achieve the full 15% performance reward bonus paid annually.
Additional Benefits include:
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so use our buy and sell option of up to five days per year
- Additional benefits including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and life insurance.
- Annual pay reviews
- Regular one to one appraisals and training and development opportunities
- Access to an employee assistance programme to support our employees health and wellbeing.
If you think you have what it takes to become a Quantity Surveyor at Templer then click “Apply” now!
About Templer HomeBuild Ltd
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary within one of the UK’s leading property services companies (Ian Williams Ltd), delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works and Cyclical Painting to our client. We owe our quality of service to our people and for this, we can offer a rewarding and varied career.
As an employee of Templer Homebuild and you’ll share in our success, which is why we offer a realistic and achievable performance reward bonus scheme.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer Homebuild Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer; therefore, applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.