We are currently looking for an experienced Multi Trade Plasterer to be a part of our thriving Response Maintenance Business based in Newton Abbot. The team specialise in day-to-day repairs and maintenance, and work within Social Housing residential properties across the Teignbridge area. We want to hear from likeminded individuals who truly care about improving people’s homes and lives.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild:
Being recognised as a rewarding employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with annual pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Company van and fuel card
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- We want to support our employees to achieve a great work life balance. We consider a variety of working patterns, and are happy to discuss flexible working in relation to this vacancy.
The Multi Trade Operative Plasterer:
- Minor repair works including plastering, 2nd fix carpentry, and roofing, this can also include painting, tiling, basic plumbing, and flooring, within social housing/ residential premises.
- Specifically, you will be completing a target output of an average, 6 jobs per day, attending reactive, emergency, and routine repairs.
- Always adhering to Health and Safety regulations, considering yourself, colleagues, and customers wellbeing
- The ability to work professionally and considerately within people’s homes in a customer facing environment.
What will you bring as a Multi Trade Plasterer?
- Qualified to an NVQ 2 level, or similar professional body preferably within a wet trade eg, Plastering.
- Experience as a Multi Trade Operative, undertaking repairs and maintenance works, ideally within a domestic setting.
- An asbestos awareness certification would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of residential environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings
- Motivated and flexible in your approach to work. You’ll be able to work to individual and team output targets.
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Multi Trade Plasterer role, with use of a company van and fuel card.
Additional benefits include:
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business.
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
- Access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), to support your health and wellbeing
If you think you have what it takes to become our Multi Trade Plasterer, then click “Apply” now!
About Templer HomeBuild
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as; planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer HomeBuild is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Templer HomeBuild —it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Templer HomeBuild will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.