Templer Homebuild are currently looking for a Multi Trade Glazier to join our successful responsive maintenance team in Newton Abbot.
As a Multi Trade Glazier you will primarily focus on completing a variety of residential routine and emergency glazing repairs works, working in occupied, void properties and communal areas around the Newton Abbot and Teignbridge area.
Our direct trades team aim to repair on a first-time fix principal and provide an excellent customer service experience, therefore we seek individuals who are as equally as invested as us in continuing to improve people’s homes, lives, and the local community.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity-based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Company van provided
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- We want to support our employees to achieve a great work life balance. We consider a variety of working patterns and are happy to discuss flexible working in relation to this vacancy.
The Multi Trade Glazier role:
- Primarily, you will be completing residential glazing repairs – some of these could include replacing and installing glass in windows, mirrors, shower doors, and bathtub enclosures.
- As a Multi Trader you will also support our larger works, day to day response and voids teams, completing a variety of general residential repairs and refurbishment works which could involve patch plastering, door handle and lock repairs, basic plumbing, tiling, door hanging and toilet and kitchen repairs.
- You will ensure work is completed efficiently, on time and to the highest standards. You will be incentivised through weekly bonus schemes
- You will thrive off building relationships whilst working in public and communal areas, as well void properties (empty homes). Contributing to a positive team working environment and ensuring our customers feel safe and comfortable in your company.
- Health and Safety is at the forefront of all you do, considering yourself, the team, and the customers around you, particularly when using tools and specialist high risk equipment/materials.
What will you bring as a Multi Trade Glazier?
- Qualification in Glazing or Fenestration would be advantageous. Trade experience in glazing is essential.
- Experience in general residential maintenance and repairs work, preferably with basic plumbing, carpentry and/ or plastering.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output weekly targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, with access to a company van, which is essential to undertake the role of Multi Trade Glazier.
Additional benefits include:
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), to support your health and wellbeing
If you think you have what it takes to become our next Multi Trade Glazier, then please click “Apply” now!
About Templer Homebuild Ltd:
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal records check. As an organisation assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), we comply fully with the code of practice and undertake to treat all applicants for positions fairly.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer HomeBuild is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Templer HomeBuild —it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and all other characteristics that make us different.
Templer HomeBuild will use applicants’ details for recruitment purposes only. For more information, please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.