Templer Homebuild are currently looking for an additional Multi Trade Carpenter to join it’s small works team in Newton Abbot.
Primarily, you will be completing a variety of larger scale, residential repairs, working in occupied, void and communal areas. Our trade team produce work to the highest standards and deliver outstanding customer service, therefore we seek someone who is as equally as invested as us in continuing to improve people’s homes and the local community.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Travel allowance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- We want to support our employees to achieve a great work life balance. We consider a variety of working patterns, and are happy to discuss flexible working in relation to this vacancy.
The Multi Trade Carpenter role:
- Primarily, you will be completing patch plastering, 1st and 2nd fix Carpentry work as well as roofing within public environments, including social housing residential properties.
- You will ensure work is completed efficiently, on time and to a high standard. You will be incentivised with weekly bonus schemes.
- You will thrive off building relationships whilst working in public and communal areas as well void and occupied properties. Contributing to a positive team working environment and ensuring our customers feel safe and comfortable in your company.
- Health and Safety is at the forefront of all you do, considering yourself, the team and the customers around you in addition to using specialist equipment and tools.
What will you bring as a Multi Trade Carpenter?
- Qualified to an NVQ 2 level, or similar professional body in Carpentry or Plastering
- Experience in residential maintenance and repairs work, with roofing skills.
- Experience in basic plumbing, tiling and decorating would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output weekly targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, with access to a company van, which is essential to undertake the role of Multi-Trade Carpenter.
Additional benefits include:
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
- Access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), to support your health and wellbeing
If you think you have what it takes to become our next Multi Trade Carpenter , then click “Apply” now!
About Templer Homebuild Ltd:
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as; planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal records check. As an organisation assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), we comply fully with the code of practice and undertake to treat all applicants for positions fairly.
Templer HomeBuild is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Templer HomeBuild —it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Templer HomeBuild will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.