Templer Homebuild seek a Labourer to join our successful Planned and Reactive Maintenance Business based in Newton Abbot. You will cover the Teignbridge area, with use of a company van, providing excellent cleaning and general labouring duties to support all trades, primarily, Kitchen Fitters. We want to talk to honest, reliable, and hardworking individuals who enjoy a physical and hands on role.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a rewarding employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with annual pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Company van provided
Duties and responsibilities of a Labourer:
- To undertake clearances of residential, tenanted and void (empty property) properties
- Primarily assist the Kitchen Fitter with the ripping out, fitting and finishing of kitchens within residential properties
- To represent Templer Homebuild in a professional and friendly manner when talking to customers and internal stakeholders always.
- Category B Asbestos Removal and Management
- General basic trade work, for example, cleaning and tidying of the working areas to support whatever is needed for the contract to run successfully to program.
Expectations of a successfully appointed Labourer:
- Previous experience of working as a Labourer in a maintenance or similar trade-based environment, is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including at times, in vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Motivated and proactive in your approach to work and able to work to individual and team targets
- The ability to use initiative in problem solving whilst also recognising the importance of communicating and working with others.
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Labourer role, with use of a company van.
Additional benefits include:
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
- We are proud to work with EAP, (Employee Assistance Programme) to support your health and wellbeing
If you think you think you have what it takes to become our next Labourer, then click “Apply” now!
About Templer HomeBuild Ltd
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as; planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer Homebuild Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located on the Ian Williams website.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer; therefore, applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.