Templer Homebuild has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Assistant to join its dedicated Commercial team in Newton Abbot. This role would suit an analytical and inquisitive person who thrives within an environment that is deeply focused on delivering the best value for money possible. This is a commercial role that will require an interest in analysing data, investigating trends/discrepancies and a proactive approach to improving the efficiencies and accuracy of the data and financial information we process.
- Be part of a company reward scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 3%
- 23 days annual leave, buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- We want our employees to have a well balanced work/ life balance, therefore flexible working patterns would be considered.
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
This is a new and interesting role at Templer Homebuild who, as a unique asset management business, benefit from integrated systems, procedures, and long-term partnerships with two large, successful, and supportive organisations.
The Commercial Assistant role:
Your main responsibility, as part of a small commercial team is to support Quantity Surveyors with identifying areas for cost savings by processing, updating and analysing costs/financial data, ultimately demonstrating ‘value for money’. Some of the tasks will include:
- Collating, analysing and investigating KPI information, commercial reports and general system housekeeping activities, ensuring accuracy and discrepancies/errors are raised and addressed.
- You will be investigative, confident and customer service focused in your approach to liaising with operations, suppliers and subcontractors to support Templer’s core aim; to improve the businesses performance, achieve value for money and provide an excellent customer journey.
- You’ll build relationships internally and externally within the extended team, collaborating, monitoring, reporting and challenging appropriately.
- You will take ownership and accountability for the organisation, processing and updating of systems and data in a systematic, organised, and proactive manner.
- Management of Commercial inboxes, planning appointments and assisting in the programming of larger scale works.
By delivering this accuracy, together with your team, you will have the opportunity to genuinely impact on the financial success of Templer Homebuild.
What will you bring to the Commercial Assistant role?
- Previous experience of working successfully within a financial/commercial or analytical environment would be advantageous, someone with a genuine passion and flare for accuracy and detail, is essential. We welcome this experience from a variety of backgrounds and sectors.
- Excellent IT skills to include MS office suite and specifically Excel, is a real must.
- You’ll be a tenacious, thorough and a curious person whilst genuinely satisfied by ensuring precision and efficiency.
- Above all you will be able to evidence strong numeracy and literacy skills with an excellent communication and rapport building aptitude.
Additional Benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
- Specsavers vouchers
- For information on all other additional benefits we do, to enhance your work/life balance please visit our website
If you think you have what it takes to become our Commercial Assistant, then click “Apply” now!
About Templer HomeBuild
We are an exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary company of Teign Housing, with a strong connection with Ian Williams, where we benefit from their expertise of being one of the UKs leading property services companies.
We deliver a comprehensive responsive repairs service (including gas servicing and repairs) as well as offering a host of additional property services such as; planned maintenance works, voids, cyclical painting solutions and appliance testing and repairs.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work, support you with the right benefits and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.