Location: Based in Newton Abbot
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
We really value our employees, that’s why we offer a healthy benefits package:
- 15% performance reward bonus (based upon your units’ performance NOT whole company) that is paid out annually just in time for the new year
- A company car where you make savings with our outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less so use our buy and sell option
- We are committed to annual pay reviews
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
Our Newton Abbot team seek a Voids Supervisor to assist the Contracts Manager in the planning, programming and the effective running of the site operations and labour for our void works (untenanted properties).
Templer Homebuild have the security and stability of being a subsidiary business within one of the UK’s leading property services companies who deliver Responsive Maintenance/ Voids, Planned works, Compliance and Cyclical Painting to our social housing client. As a result, Templer can offer you the exposure to a variety of works streams as well job security and development opportunities long term.
Importantly, we are a company who provide safe, secure and friendly working environments for our site and office-based teams. Therefore, we seek a Supervisor who shares these core values and can continue to facilitate the successful completion of our voids and responsive work on time, in budget and to the required standards.
Who’s right for the job?
You’ll have supervisory experience and be able to evidence working on similar responsive or voids contracts successfully.
You’ll describe yourself as organised and methodical in your approach to work. As a leader we expect you to be able to maintain a calm and can-do attitude with a solution focused approach when faced with challenges.
Someone who can effectively communicate with their teams as well as motivate and maximise a workforce’s productivity to ultimately meet the required standards, first time.
You will be customer centric in your approach to monitoring productivity. This is at the heart of Templer Homebuilds’ approach to their excellent relationships with customers/tenants, our directly employed operatives, subcontractors and the client. Therefore, you’ll genuinely value building and maintaining exceptional relationships internally and externally.
A driven person who takes pride and satisfaction in delivering work on time, in budget and to the required standards, consistently.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Planning and supervising the running of contracts on site so work is completed on time, to required quality and cost effectively.
- Supervising direct labour including apprentices and subcontractors through a foreperson
- Organisation of workload, plant and materials
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and company policy and procedures on Health & Safety.
- Communicating costs, progress and variances back to surveyors and management regularly.
- Managing site administration and records.
- Setting and achieving targets; managing cost control and profitability.
- Carrying out effective inductions of the workforce.
Skills/qualifications that are crucial to the role:
- A trade background (all trades considered) and qualified to NVQ level 2 or above/ equivalent would be preferred.
- A SSSTS would also be advantageous but not essential
- Proven supervisory experience in a similar role preferably within a social housing environment on projects of up to £2m; eg Foreperson or Site Manager considered
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work together with operations
- Good IT skills – ability to use inhouse computer systems, excel and outlook as required
About Templer HomeBuild Ltd:
We are a new and exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary within one of the UK’s leading property services companies, delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works and Cyclical Painting to our client. We owe our quality of service to our people and for this, we can offer a rewarding and varied career.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential.
As an employee of Templer Homebuild/ Ian Williams, you’ll share in our success, which is why we offer a realistic and achievable performance reward bonus scheme throughout the business.
Invest the time in us by viewing www.templerhomebuild.co.uk and we look forward to investing in you.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if we you are not on our agreed PSL.