Location: Based in Newton Abbot
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- 15% performance reward bonus (based upon your units’ performance NOT whole company)
- Company vehicle with a competitive fuel allowance and fuel scheme (fuel card)
- Pension contribution
- Initially 23 days holiday (rising to 25) plus options to buy and sell days
Our Newton Abbot office seek an experienced Voids Supervisor to assist the Contracts Manager in the planning, programming and the effective running of site operations for our voids works.
Templer Homebuild have the security and stability of being a subsidiary within one of the UK’s leading property services companies who deliver Response/ Voids, Planned works and Cyclical Painting to our client.
We are a company who provide safe, secure and friendly working environments for our site and office-based teams. Therefore, we need a Supervisor who embodies these values and can continue to facilitate the successful completion of our voids work on time, in budget and to the required standard.
Who’s right for the job?
You’ll have supervisory experience and be able to evidence working on similar response or voids contracts successfully.
You describe yourself as organsied and methodical in your approach to work. As leader we expect you to be able to maintain a calm and can-do attitude whilst problem solving and be able to communicate clear instructions to your team members.
You will be customer centric in your approach to monitoring productivity with site teams, subcontractors and the client and you’ll value maintaining good relationships internally as well as externally.
Someone who can manage and motivate a workforce to maximise productivity and to meet the required standards is integral.
A motivated and driven person who takes real pride and satisfaction in delivering work on time, in budget and to the required standards.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Supervising the running of contracts on site so work is completed on time, to required quality and cost effectively.
- Supervising direct labour including apprentices and subcontractors through a foreperson
- Organisation of workload, plant and materials
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirement and company policy and procedures on Health & Safety.
- Communicate costs, progress and variances back to surveyors and management regularly.
- Manage site administration and records.
- Setting and achieving targets; managing cost control and profitability.
- Carry out effective induction of workforce.
- Plan, organise and deliver work on site within budget constraints.
Skills/qualifications that are crucial to the role:
- A trade background (all trades considered) and qualified to NVQ level 2 or above/ equivalent; if you have an SSSTS or higher this would be very advantageous
- Proven supervisory experience in a similar role preferably within a social housing environment on projects of up to £2m; eg Foreperson or Site Manager considered
- CSCS card
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work together with operations
- Good IT skills – ability to use inhouse computer systems and outlook as required
About Templer HomeBuild Ltd:
We are a new and exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary within one of the UK’s leading property services companies, delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works and Cyclical Painting to our client. We owe our quality of service to our people and for this, we can offer a rewarding and varied career.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential.
As an employee of Templer Homebuild/ Ian Williams, you’ll share in our success, which is why we offer a realistic and achievable performance reward bonus scheme throughout the business.
Invest the time in us by viewing www.ianwilliams.co.uk/ www.templerhomebuild.co.uk and we look forward to investing in you.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at www.ianwilliams.co.uk.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if we you are not on our agreed PSL.