Location: Based in Newton Abbot
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with an excellent fuel allowance
- Holidays, 7% Employer Pension Contribution, Life Insurance
We are a subsidiary contractor within our client, delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works, Heating/ Compliance and Cyclical Painting to our client with a contract agreed for 15 years
We firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential
We are expanding our Commercial team and looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join us.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and ultimately make profit.
- Working with direct labour, you will ensure all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
- Manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations
You’ll apply because you have:
- Proven experience in a similar commercial or surveying role
- A proven ability to minimise cost and maximise value, profit and cash flow
- The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of contracts
- The passion for business and making profit, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus