We are currently looking for two temporary Painter and Decorators to join our successful Planned Maintenance Business based in Newton Abbot, to ensure timely completion of works.
This temporary contract is to start immediately and be completed at the end of November, lasting eight weeks.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Travel Allowance
Duties and responsibilities of the Painter and Decorator:
- Working on a Social Housing contract in the Newton Abbot and surrounding areas
- Completing all aspects of painting and decorating works to a high standard
- Being responsible for Health and Safety onsite and ensuring timely completion of the project
Expectations of the successfully appointed Painter and Decorator:
- Preferably, qualified to a minimum NVQ 2 level or equivalent professional body, in Painting and Decorating
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Painter and Decorator role, with use of own vehicle.
About Templer Homebuild Ltd:
We are a new and exciting venture, with the security and stability of working in partnership within one of the UK’s leading property services companies, delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works and Cyclical Painting to our client. We owe our quality of service to our people and for this, we can offer a rewarding and varied career.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential.