Hours: 39 per week
Hourly rate: Competitive hourly rate & Guaranteed weekly earnings
We are currently looking for a Labourer to join our successful Voids and Reactive Response Maintenance Business based in Newton Abbot. You will cover the Teignbridge area, with use of a company van, providing excellent cleaning and general labouring duties.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Travel allowance
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business. We have excellent examples in business where laborer’s have progressed internally.
- Access to an employee assistance programme to support employees health and wellbeing
Duties and responsibilities of a Labourer:
- Working on a Social Housing contract in the Newton Abbot and surrounding areas
- Undertaking clearances of residential properties, tenanted and void (empty property) properties
- Completing mould wash treatments of walls and damp properties
- Category B Asbestos Removal and Management
- Cleaning and tidying of the working areas
Expectations of a successfully appointed Labourer:
- Previous experience of removal of Category B Asbestos, as well as having completed the training would be preferred.
- Previous experience working as a Labourer in a repairs and maintenance environment, is desirable although not essential.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong commitment to retaining these standards at all times.
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Labourer role, with use of a company van.